Eyelid surgery step by step
In the Netherlands, approximately 30.000 people have eyelid surgery performed each year. For most people it is only once; It’s not an easy decision to have plastic surgery conducted on your face. Afterwards, however, everyone is very relieved “I should have done this years ago” is the most commonly heard remark during the follow-up consultation.
Possible complaints of a surplus skin on the upper eyelids emerges gradually. A tired or sorrowful appearance, feeling tired, watery eyes, blemishes and / or headaches occur most often. But also increasingly more from an aesthetic viewpoint. You generally look fitter and more open Many claim that they also look younger. Almost 100% of our clients indicate after a week that really was not that bad!
Because it is one-time event, many people don’t know what steps lead up to eyelid surgery.
What can you expect at VandenBroecke Kliniek?
1. You make an appointment by phone or online with Marissa or Suzanne. We also have consultations at night and in the weekend. The initial consultation is always conducted by the plastic surgeon who will perform your treatment (Martine van Huizum, Duco van den Broecke or Rose Rhemrev-Pieters).
2. At the door we also have free parking. There is more than enough parking. Bus route 47 to and from Leiden Central and Lammenschans Station stops 100 meters from our front door.
3. Take a seat in the waiting room. Marissa or Suzanne will provide a cup of coffee, tea or cappuccino.
4. The plastic surgeon will collect you from the waiting room. The plastic surgeon takes 30 minutes in the consulting room to discuss your concerns and expectations. The plastic surgeon examines your eyelids, makes a diagnosis and discusses this diagnosis with you. Our plastic surgeons all have at least 10 years’ experience. Plastic surgeons are the only medical specialists trained to perform eyelid surgery. VandenBroecke Kliniek specialises entirely in eyelid surgery. Our plastic surgeons also work at local hospitals.
5.A. If you are suitable for surgery at VandenBroecke Kliniek, you can let the information settle at home, and schedule a convenient date for the surgery. You can also schedule a date directly at the front desk.
5.B. If you are not suitable for surgery, this will be explained clearly. You have the opportunity to ask all your questions.
6. You will receive a form to prepare for the surgery. Read more information here.
7. On the day of surgery, you arrive at the clinic approximately 15 minutes before the procedure. Marissa or Suzanne will take professional photos of your before look.
8. The plastic surgeon and the assistant will collect you from the waiting room. You will be explained step by step what you can expect. Our website also contains more information about the eyelid surgery procedure.
9. The procedure takes approximately 45 minutes. You then lay relaxed in a comfortable chair for another 45 minutes so that your eyes can cool down. You can even listen to your favorite music to help you relax. You will receive the cold gel eye mask specifically developed for VandenBroecke Kliniek to take home with you.
10. An appointment to remove the stitches is made at the front desk. This is 6-8 days. You will be given a form with tips to ensure that your recovery is as swift and complete as possible.
Do you have any question after reading our information? Call 088-0042700, we are available between 09:00 and 17:00 pm.
You can book a no-obligation initial consultation appointment online.